Saturday, November 7, 2009

Heihou maailma

I finally took the bull by its horns and created a blog, jei*! Don't know how jei it's for other people, but hopefully very jei or jei at least, and hopefully it will be VERY jei for me, selfish as I am. (* jei = a Finnish version of yay, adopted from a dear friend of mine)

The purpose of this blog is to writewritewrite in English and to overcome the block in my head. The block that paralyzes me when I'm trying to be creative in English, and especially trying to write creatively in English. I hope the blog helps me to get rid of the feeling of not knowing enough words to be witty and funny, or not knowing enough words to describe everyday phenomena. I also believe that using the words in writing will help them to stick in my head and the use of online dictionary would decrease gradually. In a nutshell, my modest wish is that with the postings my English will miraculously become superb, it will be entertaining and captivating and free of all sorts of annoying mistakes that I make but am not even aware of.

Another as important purpose of this blog is to keep my family and friends up-to-date/week/month with what is going on in my everyday life. I'm still anti-facebook and extremely lazy in writing emails, so hopefully this blog will offer one way of staying in touch. So please don't shy away from commenting (in any language you wish to use), whether you want to point out a missing article or say hi; it's all warmly welcomed.

All this said, it's about time to post this text and stop worrying about the possible mistakes it includes - after all, I'm writing to learn how to write!

5 comments:

  1. Huge JEI from Hollola!

    Terkuin,
    Another lazy email writer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kun me kerran ollaan perheiden sarjassa maailmanennätystason huonoja liittymään facebookiin tai kirjoittamaan meilejä niin ehkä tämä on ihan hyvä tapa pitää meidät tietoisina sun käänteistä. Odotan innolla jatkopäivityksiä!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Privet iz Holloly, where I am right now. In two hours I will be in train and in 15 hours I will be in Moscow. Greetings from all of those places!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, спасибо, kiitos for greetings, comments and encouragement!

    Ps. I changed the settings, so anyone without a google etc accounts can now comment too.. :)

    ReplyDelete