December was full of events and updating the blog was often in my mind but I never found the time or energy to write anything. But now I'm back in business, especially since superb English wasn't in Santa's sack and I still have work to do with my English. So, one of my New Year's resolution is to write more often again, once a week as I did in the beginning.
Another thing that wasn't in Santa's sack was a pair of woolen socks. Even before meeting the Santa I was hunting down a perfect pair of woolen socks, and I traveled to the other end of the world, to the capital of woolen socks (Kuopio) to find a pair. No luck. All the socks in Kuopio were either boringly gray or ridiculously expensive, so I decided to brush up my knitting skills and make my own socks.
Memories about knitting weren't very positive. About 15 years ago, when knitting was part of my school week, knitting was everything but my favourite subject. I was famous for making knots and messes that even the teacher couldn't undo, and I often had to start over whatever I was knitting. I was soooo jealous for my friends who without problems made all kind of beautiful knitted things. Finally after stuggling for several weeks, I managed to make a pair of mittens, which actually turned out to be pretty. I was proudly wearing them as long as there was any thread left.
Now, 15 years later and desperately wanting to have colourful woolen socks I asked my mom to show me again, how knitting works. She did, and a knitting fever hit me hard. Within five days I had beautiful, colourful, little loose socks, made by my own hands:
Those are great - please teach me - I REALLY want to knit but am a hopeless beginner...knitting party in the market perhaps?
ReplyDeleteCheers!
Jaime
Hey, those look like woolen socks! ;D Way to go Laura!
ReplyDelete-Sari
Thanks for the comments and encouragement! In addition to the socks I've also made one arm warmer. The other arm has to survive in cold for a little longer, for I haven't yet started the second arm warmer.
ReplyDeleteHmmm... Kommentoin jo heti tekstin ilmestyttyä... olikohan mun englanti niin julkaisukelvotonta? Sisältö oli aika sama kuin Sarilla. Ollaankohan me jotain sukua.... XD Siis jos Sari on Sari....
ReplyDeleteHmm... Hetan blogissa ainakin on semmonen tekstitunnistejuttu, eli kommentoidakseen pitaa kirjoittaa tietokoneen arpoma sana ruutuun. Mun kommentit Hetalle on joskus jaaneet julkaisematta myos, kun en ollut sita ruutua huomannut. Ehka kyse on samasta hommasta?
ReplyDeleteJa taiatte te olla Sarin kanssa sukua, jos Sari on Sari :)