*Sigh* We watched Before Sunrise last night, and I found myself falling in love with Ethan Hawke again. 15 years ago, when I saw the movie for the first time, I was SO in love with Ethan, and I was dreaming about my own future-Ethan.
But then I was hit with a thought that all the nice lines of Ethan were just a product of some Hollywood mogul who was earning tons of money by feeding the perfect love story to thousands of teenagers around the world. I was devastated. However, the devastation didn't kill my love for Ethan, it only made me angry at Hollywood for turning me into a cynical teenager.
But the cynical teenager is long gone, and yesterday Ethan stole my heart again. Even though the characters seem teenager-ish to a 30 year old, their shy smiles and slight awkwardness, yet at the same time youthful straight-forwardness with each other is so captivating and so true. Oh, Ethan. *Sigh*
More sighing is in the schedule for the weekend, for I absolutely HAVE to watch Before Sunset before the sun sets on Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment