Thursday, February 25, 2010

Celebrating in a Canadian way

Yesterday was my official 1 year anniversary of being an immigrant in Canada. I celebrated it throughout the day, in a Canadian way.

I started my day with a (cinnamon-raisin) bagel - an essential part of a Canadian breakfast. By noon I had said dozens of time "hey how are you?" and also answered dozens of time "good" or "not too bad". For lunch I had a cheeseburger and a coke - the cornerstones of North American cuisine. I also practiced speaking Canadian, and told my colleagues that the burger was "awesome". For dinner I had a combo of pizza, beer and a hockey game. (Finland is in the Olympic finals! And so is Canada!)

Couldn't get more Canadian, eh?

3 comments:

  1. Hello Laura!!
    You canadian don't answer mails???!
    Give me news!!!
    Have lots to tell you :-) (job and friends matter)
    bussis
    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's the new Canadian me that refuses to answers emails... no, in reality, I've been just a) super busy with my new work b) super lazy with everything else - sorry! I'll answer to your (and others) emails immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, immediately meaning obviously three or more days... maybe it's the Lebanese influence after all, and not Canadian : )

    ReplyDelete