Rainy, gray Monday. CBC Weather says that it will stay as a rainy, gray Monday for most of the Monday: Rain. + 17 C. Humidity: 100%. A hot, sunny day with 100% humidity feels mucky and sweaty, but rainy, gray Monday with 100% humidity feels just wet, I guess.
I started to wonder how humid sauna is, something close to 100%? The world wide wonder told me otherwise: "Air humidity varies from 10% to 25%, depending on how much löyly is used."
This mind blowing humidity fact lead me to google humidity, and what did I find? In 100% humidity we don't sweat, we just feel hotter inside! "If the air is at 100-percent relative humidity, sweat will not evaporate into the air. As a result, we feel much hotter than the actual temperature when the relative humidity is high. If the relative humidity is low, we can feel much cooler than the actual temperature because our sweat evaporates easily, cooling us off. For example, if the air temperature is 24 degrees Celsius and the relative humidity is zero percent, the air temperature feels like 21 C to our bodies. If the air temperature is 24 C and the relative humidity is 100 percent, we feel like it's 27 C out."
The questions is - what should I wear on my way to work and at work, when it's +17 C rainy and 100% humid outside and AC freezing cold in the office?
No comments:
Post a Comment