Last week's experience in the
elevator and thinking about Macgyver tricks made me think about
Macgyver and the "new Macgyver" -
Jack Bauer from
24. Sure,
24 is very well done, as it hooks you in no time and the addicted you craves for a new episode immediately after finishing one. Naturally technological development makes a difference too, and the speed of events in general - Macgyver's actions looks like turtle action when compared to the cheetah-like-speeding Bauer. However; Bauer's maneuvers are too harsh to my taste, since he's all about using violence, where as Macgyver had a clever and gentlemanny approach to solving problems and getting away from tricky situations. I'd rather think like Macgyver than act like Jack Bauer! (As if I would be asked to save the world often anyway.)
On another note, when googling Macgyver now I noticed how
NICELY Richard Dean Anderson has aged ... I truly wish they would remake Macgyver!
No comments:
Post a Comment