Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Word count

Today I accomplished nothing, yet I'm exhausted. Or maybe it's exactly why I'm exhausted. 7+ hours running around the office, talking in half sentences. It's one thing, for example, to try to mix eggs, toast bread and pour milk in a glass at the same time, than trying to have three quick meetings at the same time in three different boardrooms. I've never tried the first scenario, and I wonder how the result would be, but today I proved that the second scenario for sure isn't successful.

Eight days at work after my one week thinking leave. In my anti-stress resolutions I promised to be better to myself and to my loved ones, yet I see the signs of work-tiredness creeping into my everyday life again. At home, in the mornings, I'm silent. In the evenings, I'm silent. I read friends' emails to me, but I don't respond. As if I have a limited number of words per day, and since I have to communicate so much at work, I don't have any words left for home, let alone to meet any friends after work. Or maybe I'm just being a Finn? Well, it's time to balance word count, so tomorrow they'll have a silent Finn in the office, and a talkative Finn at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment