Last time I wrote almost a year ago, October 21. I was blaming Facebook for stealing my creative writing bursts, but I should have just been honest and blame myself. Also I was blaming work for consuming all of my energy, and leaving neither English words nor sparks of creativity for myself. Funnily enough, work, and especially my past weeks' work stress has resulted into something good: it has encouraged me to ponder again what I truly enjoy in this life, and how can I increase FUN and decrease STRESS. Getting in touch with old friends has been one part of this making-everyday-enjoyable-again-trip, and thanks to many of you who write a blog or write for living, I suddenly found myself thinking about writing again. And here we are, a new entry in the almost-dead-blog!
Obviously one of my hidden obstacles for writing in English has been fear of making grammar mistakes. Perfectionist as I am, I would LIKE to write perfectly correct English while being funny and witty, but LAZY perfectionist as I am, I simply don't want to take time to check grammar when in doubt. I feel it takes away from the authenticity of the writing, it feels like cheating. Sadly it was just an excuse, and it took away the whole writing itself. However, I might have found a cure for my perfectionism in a tennis court - as I played occasionally tennis this summer, I realized that it's ok not to be excellent, or even good in it. I can be silly and make mistakes, and it's just fine and fun. With this new revelation in mind, and new retro colors of the blog, I will approach writing too, and we shall see where it will take me!
Excellent, keep it comin and make mistakes! Greetings from Seattle! Heta
ReplyDeleteTee työtä jolla on tarkoitus. Tällä hetkellä ei ole tarjolla ja siksi hengailen täällä. Syksynpimeitä tarveisiä! t. Tiina
ReplyDeleteJuu-u, onhan talla tyolla tarkoitus .. valilla vahan liikaakin, ja se on osa ongelmaa. Vaan eikohan tama tasta!
ReplyDelete